Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yaya to play for gunners

                                       
This season will not be selling, only for Arsenal club. The French man Wenger this time has agreed to sign a player who almost quit football to become a postman.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has given his stamp of approval to Auxerre striker Yaya Toure remains Africa’s best,Yaya Sanogo, 20, handing him a four-year deal.

Sanogo delivered 10 goals in 13 games last season for his Ligue 2 club. But the France Under-21 international revealed he was close to packing in the game after a double leg break in 2010.
He said: “I felt there was no point in me continuing and putting my health at risk.
“I couldn’t run any more, the doctors didn't know what my problem was and I felt disgusted.


                                                Africa’s best 
“But one day I tried to run once more, it went well, and I recovered bit by bit.”
Sanogo, a target for Lille, said he was won over by the first-class treatment he received from Wenger and Gunners scout Gilles Grimandi.
The striker added: “Gilles came to watch me at Auxerre and he invited me to a hotel in Paris. Arsene Wenger was there to welcome me in person.
“I was very impressed that he had come all that way specially. He told me I would get my chance at Arsenal.
“He said he’d been following me for years. The journey he’d made convinced me to join Arsenal.”


No comments:

Post a Comment