Friday, June 28, 2013

Murry shoot past Spaniard



Andy Murry cantered into the last 16 of Wimbledon with an easy win over Tommy Robredo. The British No1 made mincemeat of the No32 seed winning 6-2 6-4 7-5 under the Centre Court roof in 121 minutes.World Number  two Murray said: "I thought it was a high-level match, I struck the ball very well throughout.
"He served very well in the third set, I had very few chances but I got the break right at the end."I went for it. I hit a lot of winners that was the most pleasing part. I hit the ball better from the back of the court."I hope I can keep playing better. I've been pushed in my matches; I've been tested and have come through it well."From what I have heard, people are putting even more pressure on me because of the way the draw has worked out. It's hard. It would be a lot easier if we just focused on one match at a time."Murray raced to a set lead inside 35 minutes playing some outstanding tennis, before an instant break of Robredo’s serve was enough to take the second.Dunking & Tom Barclay discuss wins for Andy Murray and Laura Robson - and path to SW19 glory.The Spaniard put up a better fight in third, but a vital loss of serve in the 11th game opened the door for Murray to close it out which he gleefully did.The result means Muzza is yet to drop a set at SW19 this year, having already seen off Benjamin Becker and Yen-Hsun Lu.Murray  take on the winner of Serbian Viktor Troicki and Russian Mikhail Youzhny in the fourth round. The path looks clear for the Scot to make this year’s final with 20th seed Youzhny the highest-ranked player in the lower half of the draw after Murray,following the shock early exits of Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal.


No comments:

Post a Comment