Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wanyama seals record-breaking £12m move from Celtic to Southampton

Wanyama's move therefore dwarfs the £9.5million Spartak Moscow paid Celtic for Aiden McGeady three years ago and sees it become the largest fee ever paid in Scottish football, breaking Rangers' long-standing record £12million outlay for Tore Andre Flo.
Until recently it had looked like a move to the south coast had collapsed over personal terms, leading to suggestions of issues with his representatives.
However, manager Mauricio Pochettino last week had not given up on the deal and Wanyama now becomes Saints' second signing of the summer, following the £8.5million purchase of Lyon's Dejan Lovren.
'I'm very grateful to be here and I'm looking forward to playing in the Premier League.
'I've seen that the stadium is great and the dressing room is looking good, and I know some of the players. I hope they will help me and I think I will get along with the others, so it will be good.

'I am happy to be a part of Southampton's squad. It means a lot because because it has been my dream to play in the Premier League and now I am Southmpton player and Im happy


No comments:

Post a Comment